What is Indy BizTV Shows?
Indy BizTV Shows is a forum dedicated to instructing and encouraging small- to medium-sized business owners through the use of short video episodes by local professionals. Indianapolis-area experts spanning a variety of topics – from accounting to employee performance to growing your business to marketing to personal holistic health and more – record and share advice and coaching strategies to help businesses and individuals succeed in a variety of areas.
New episodes are recorded regularly, with our own Tina Moe, CPA, typically sharing two videos each month on accounting and tax tips.
Have an accounting or tax question? Email your question to Tina Moe, and she will answer it on a future episode.
Watch “Accounting & Tax Tips: Smart Strategies for Small Business Success”
- Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Frequently Asked Questions, Part 1
- Tina Moe, CPA, CGMA, explores the most frequently asked questions on the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. This is Part 1 of a 4 part series.
- Dec. 3: Tax-Saving Strategies for Personal Income Taxes in 2015
- Oct. 19: Deducting Net Operating Loss: Why am I limited?
- September 22 and 30: Buying out a Business Partner
- August 19 and 28: Taxation on the Sale of Business Property
- Aug. 1: Learn the Benefits of the 529 Plan, A Qualified Tuition Program
- For more information about the 529 plan, visit CollegeChoiceDirect.com.
- July 9: Salary for Small Business Owners: How Do I Pay Myself?
- June 6: Is a 1099 Job Offer Better or Worse Than a W2 Job Offer?
- May 17: Do I Have to Pay Taxes on the Sale of My Timeshare?
- March 28: Can My Corporation Pay Me Rent for Use of My Home Office?
- March 6: What is the Age Limit on Claiming My Child as a Dependent?
- Feb. 14: What to Keep and How Long to Keep It
- Jan. 30: Personal vs. Business Ownership of a Business-use Auto
- Jan. 14: Business Tax Due Dates for First Quarter 2014
- Dec. 11: Domestic Production Activity Deduction
- Nov. 27: The Benefits of the 529 Plan, a Qualified Tuition Program
- Nov. 12: General Business Credit, Part 4: The Small Employer Pension Plan Credit
- Oct. 24: General Business Credit, Part 3: The Small Business Healthcare Tax Credit
- Sept. 29: General Business Credit, Part 2: The FICA Tip Credit
- Sept. 12: General Business Credit, Part 1: Research and Development Credit
- Aug. 29: IRS Foreign Income Rules: the Taxation of Worldwide Income
- Aug. 15: IRS Cancellation of Debt
- July 23: Alternative Minimum Tax: What is it and Who Pays?
- July 8: Do You Owe the IRS? A Look at the Offer-in-Compromise Option
- June 19: Do You Owe the IRS? A Look at the Collection Process
- June 12: Financial Statement Basics: Cash vs. Accrual
- May 23: Understanding the Balance Sheet
- May 6: The Profit and Loss Statement
- March 27: Unreimbursed Business Expenses
- March 13: Health Savings Account Rules
- Feb. 26: Business Gifting and Tax Limitations
- Feb. 12: Equipment and Vehicles in Business: Lease vs. Purchase
- Jan. 23: Finding the Right Income Tax Professional
- Jan. 9: Document Retention Guidelines
- Dec. 18: Charitable Donations: Contribution Rules
- Dec. 4: Section 179 Deduction and Bonus Depreciation
- Nov. 19: Subcontractor vs. Employee: How to Determine the Difference
- Related Fact Sheet: Determining Whether Individuals Providing Services are Employees or Independent Contractors (PDF)
- Nov. 5: Subchapter S Corp: Compensating Shareholders
- Oct. 15: Do You Need to Make Quarterly Tax Payments?
- Oct. 8: Vehicle Tax Deduction
- Sept. 24: Salary for Small Business Owners: How Do I Pay Myself?
- Sept. 15: Home Office Deductions 101
- Aug. 24: Choice of Entity: What’s Right for Your Business?