Following is a list of resources we have chosen to share with our clients because we trust the content and the source. However, know that the content contained at each of these linked third-party sites is beyond our control and can be changed at any time.
We will continue to keep an eye out for relevant tips and news, so check back often.
- Worksheet: Non-cash Charitable Donations Worksheet
- Note that the values in this worksheet are for tax year 2014. Use this worksheet during 2015 to record your donations, then plan to revisit this page late in 2015 or early in 2016 to see updated values for the 2015 tax year.
Recent News that’s Important for Taxpayers
- An aggressive telephone scam continues in the U.S. Don’t be fooled by imposters posing as tax agency representatives (From the IRS, Oct. 31, 2014)
General Taxpayer Tips
From the IRS
From the Indiana Department of Revenue
From A.C.T. Services
- A.C.T. Services’ Tina Moe on Indy BizTV Shows
- Tax-record Retention: What to keep and how long to keep it
- Taxation on the Sale of Business Assets
- Business Accounting Tip: Cash Basis vs. Accrual Basis
- Fact Sheet: Determining Whether Individuals Providing Services are Employees or Independent Contractors (PDF)
- A.C.T Services Facebook
- A.C.T Services Twitter
- A.C.T Services LinkedIn
From other reliable sources
- Learn about the new Affordable Healthcare Marketplace
- Shop for rates on insurance premiums through the new healthcare insurance marketplace
Websites Worth Following
- A.C.T. Services’ News Page
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Latest News
- IRS What’s Hot – new programs, recent guidance and timely reminders
- @IRSnews on Twitter
- Indiana Department of Revenue Newsroom
- IRS News & Events (archive)
- CGMA Magazine
- IRS2Go is the official smartphone app of the IRS. Use it to check your refund status, sign up for helpful tax tips and more.